We act as Surveyors for Insurance Companies and Private Institutions when any damage occures or is caused to your vessel.
We also for example, check warranty issues and causes of defects including rectification regulations. Even with warranty claims we create a damage report.
Damage to a Yacht/Ship can occur even with a professional crew onboard let alone private owners and recreational yachting. Accidents do occur, whether it is between two vessels at sea, dragging an anchor and touching another yacht or hitting some submerged object or due to equipment failure.
It is important to remember that although a surveyor may be employed by an insurance underwriter to undertake a survey of the damage, the surveyor will act in the interest of the underwriter and not the owner. We will impartially assess the cause of any damage, the cost of repairs and give a view on the apportionment of liability and prospect of recovery, which can be used in the event of a dispute.
To summarize, the Vessel Damage Survey will include the following:
- Background to the incident and the insurance claim.
- Verification of the construction, principle dimensions and method of propulsion.
- Detailed survey and findings including comments on the damage.
- Additional information including any other parties or vessels that were present.
- Summary, conclusion and recommendations as to a course of action to be taken.
- Applicable limitations, photo log and supporting documentation, including repair estimates.
We are also able to supervise the repair works and establish a fair price for the necessary works.
Request more information!
For further information, please feel free to contact us!